Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Morning Run


Mammatus clouds over San Francisco Bay

Fall weather appeared over the Bay Area this morning.  A relief for me as I am not happy in the hot weather and in summers without rain or a nice breeze.  As I was running around the Berkeley marina the big sky of real clouds (not just the marine fog we are used to) was most impressive in its swaths over both the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge.  There is a lot of activity in the Marina area as the Park Service is undertaking a reclamation project in the wetlands and all the equipment they are using had a strong smell of diesel.  This combined with the more inclement weather reminded me of a childhood in England on the farm, with the often blustery weather and the tractor working up ahead.  Good to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment