Monday, December 17, 2012

Wishing you the best holiday

I want to wish everyone a Peaceful and Warm Holiday this year.

As it has been a while since I provided much news I can give you some updates on what is going on with my art and the studio.

I recently moved to a new work space just north of San Francisco.  It is really a nice size with high ceilings that will allow me to paint larger pieces.  As you can see from the photo I have designed everything in the studio to be white or gray, so that all you see are the paintings as they develop color.  There are enough walls so that we can be working on several pieces at once and my assistants can be prepping one piece as I do the painting on another.  The charcoal drawing you see in the right center of the photo I hope will become a really good painting of a mother elephant leading her youngster through the jungle setting. Watch here for updates.

I have stopped doing appearances and traveling for a while to concentrate on producing lots of new work and getting a little more rest and time with family.

I am also very pleased to tell you that my new book, HERO— The Paintings of Robert Bissell, is in the last stages of color proofing and will be printed very soon and available in April, 2013.  Pomegranate Communications will publish the book and they have done a superb job designing it and putting it all together.  More on the book launch to come!

Again (I tried this last year) my late year resolution is to post about my art regularly and provide information about new work and the prints and publications that are coming.  I will try to do a better job of this in the future.

Finally, I want to thank you all for your continued encouragement and support for my art and for the animals that guide us, whether it be the pets we own, the movies and books we read, or art that inspires us.  Please don't hesitate to continue to write to me with your stories of the animals that have made a difference in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment