Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tea Party news

 
From The Ladies Home Journal 1907

There is a lot of talk about tea parties these days.  I don't really know what they are about or what goes on at them, but I do remember vaguely having a tea party, or at least seeing one, like this shown above when I was young.  The teddy bears were the guests.  These of course came about because of the popularity of the Teddy Bears Picnic song which I am sure most of you know about and was loved by kids in England:

If you go down in the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go down in the woods today
You'd better go in disguise.

For ev'ry bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Curiously enough this song as sung by Henry Hall was the test that the BBC used for radio transmitting towers in the UK and was the last transmission played at a tower next to where I was brought up in SW England.  This was real news, and I for one would like to see more Teddy Bears at all Tea Parties! 
Here is how The Ladies Home Journal described one such party.

No comments:

Post a Comment