Thursday, November 7, 2013

Drifters

I am pleased to announce that one of my latest paintings, Drifters, is being released as a limited edition print. 
Drifters, 2013
Here is how this painting came to life:
We are currently experiencing our annual late summer period here in the Bay Area and it is still possible to drift down a river with the sun on our backs.  A friend had sent me a photo of a bear lying on a log like the one you see here. That same day, earlier this past summer, I was driving along the Russian River in northern California where I can see people drifting down the river on rafts or rubber tubes.  So I put those two images together and decided to paint the scene as Monet might have done.  I hope all those elements have come together to present a scene that reminds us of good and happy times in summers past. 

For more immediate news and images of the paintings and prints I am releasing, check my website at www.robertbissell.com or like my page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RobertBissellFineArt


No comments:

Post a Comment